Corrosion Awareness Day 2020 Webinar - Corrosion and Low Carbon Energies
The COVID-19 crisis has an impact on nearly every aspect of life and we hope that you and your families are well. Nevertheless, life goes on and Corrosion Awareness Day is approaching rapidly.
This year the World Corrosion Organization (WCO) has organized a Webinar dealing with Corrosion and Low Carbon Energies. The topic is of paramount interest at the moment because of the shift from fossil fuel-based energy production to low carbon energies.
WCO has organized a panel of internationally renowned speakers on this topic.
Friday, 24th April 2020, 14:00 – 16:00 CEST
Chair: Damien Féron (CEA, France)
- Raul R. Rebak (GE, USA): Environmental Degradation of Light Water Reactor Fuel Rods in the Entire Fuel Cycle
- Digby D. Macdonald (University of California at Berkeley, USA): Corrosion issues in Fusion Reactors
- Gareth Hinds (NPL, UK): Cost reduction of water electrolysers via insights into anode current collector corrosion
- Ralph Bässler (BAM, Germany): Corrosive CO2-stream components, challenging for materials to be used in CC(U)s applications
- Polina Volovitch (ENSCP, France): Corrosion & solar panels
You can listen to the presentations which show the state of the art and discuss current developments with the experts.
To obtain further information on how to access the webinar please email: